Phew… what a crazy week it’s been for me. From working on several baking orders, to sour cherry picking and pitting them for 3 days straight( going through over 60 pounds of cherries is no joke) , to apricot u-pick and a lazy Sunday funday with my boys.
Today is a quick and my favourite recipe for scones. Easy and quick is my favourite during summer time, as I dont like wasting precious time i can spend with my family. So here they are – Simple yet so tasty and soft breakfast scones. Perfectly balanced with a right amount of sweetness . With golden crust and white airy inside. Perfect for breakfast and go well with a cup of tea, or a glass of cold milk, soft butter and dollop of jam, or some cream cheese. I made a quick, 5 minute apricot jam, that we all happily demolished within minutes with these fresh incredibly tasty scones.
No matter what you’ll choose to eat them with, I hope you’ll enjoy my scones immensely.
- 260g all purpose flour
- 50 g sugar
- 10g ( 2 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g milk
- 60g whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a blender add sifted all purpose flower to a blender container, add sugar, salt, baking powder. Add cold unsalted cubed butter and pulse until mixture reminds sand.
- In a medium size bowl mix milk, whipping cream, egg, vanilla extract and whisk well. Add dry ingredients lot wet ingredients and mix until elastic soft dough forms. Don’t overwork the dough!
- Roll the dough into a thick circle ( 18 cm or 7 inches in diameter ) on a lightly flour dusted surface. Using a round cookie cutter or a thin glass cut out the circles and set them on the prepared baking tray.
- Any dough leftovers roll out again and cut the circles until there’s no more dough remaining.
- Once all the circles are on the baking tray, brush off any flour, using a brush spread a bit of milk on each scone.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool scones off on a cooling rack for a few minutes and enjoy.