During hot summer days we “live “ in our backyard. Fresh air, some privacy, kids splash in the water screaming and giggling from joy,we eat lots of easy to make appetizers and desserts of course. When it comes to summer desserts my family prefers something fruity, cold, light and delicious. I am sharing today my “go to” recipe for a super quick, super easy, probably one of the easiest to make desserts you’ll find and super tasty too.This dessert should be made a night before or early in the morning, as it requires chilling in the fridge for sometime, but I assure you the waiting game is so worth it. So let’s make a Mango Icebox Cake.
Icebox cake is related to trifle or Charlotte cake, made with wafers/biscuits, fruits, cream and sometimes nuts, the ingredients are layered in a dip dish and left in a fridge to set. It will take you minutes and just a few ingredients, which you most probably already have in your pantry, it requires no baking and makes a delightful soft treat during hot summer months.
Mango Icebox Cake
- 15 sheets graham crackers
- 2 cup cold whipping cream
- 0,5 cup condensed milk
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- Place a medium sized bowl, whisking attachment from a hand mixer and whipping cream into the freezer for 10 minutes. It would significantly help whipping the cream faster and better.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper if you’d want to remove your dessert from a baking pan, or leave as is.
- In chilled medium sized bowl using a hand mixer whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Once soft peaks form add condensed milk slowly and keep whipping it together until the cream is firm.
- Place graham crackers on the bottom of the baking pan to fully cover the bottom, brake crackers if you need to fill in the gaps. Spread approximately 1/3 of whipped cream over graham crackers. Spread about half of the mangoes over whipped cream. Place another layer of graham crackers on top of mangoes. Spread more whipping cream on top of crackers and distribute remaining mangoes. Place graham crackers and top it up with remaining whipped cream. Cover the icebox cake with a plastic cover and let it chill overnight in a fridge or at least 4 hours.
- Once the cake is chilled, carefully remove it from the pan, or slice it in the pan,add more cubed mangoes if prefer and serve.