Raise your hand if you like homemade chocolate truffles. I absolutely adore making homemade truffles, I can think of quite a few good reasons why making homemade chocolate truffles is fun, and here’s just a few :
1. Make a double batch, put a dozen of them into a beautiful box, tie a nice ribbon and it would make a perfect gift for your family member , or a friend .
2. Get the kids, and husband of course to join you in the kitchen to roll the truffles, lick spoon and bowl with chocolate leftovers and it would become a great weekend family tradition.
3. Can’t decide which sweets to get from the store? Make chocolate truffles at home and enjoy them daily or when you have a sweet craving.
4. Do you enjoy making everything from scratch? Perfect! You will absolutely love making these treats for your family.
So today I’m sharing two of my most favourite easy chocolate truffles, which I make on different occasion throughout the year. Both recipes are affordable, they are super easy to make and the truffles turn out really delicious !
If you make my truffles , please share your experience with me. I would be so happy to hear the feedback.
Cream cheese and coconut truffles
- 120g( half a brick) Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Beat softened cream cheese, icing sugar and shredded coconut with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. With a small cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and place it on the parchment paper. Put the tray in the freezer for about one hour.
- Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring well after each time. When chocolate is almost melted and just a few chunks of chocolate left, add coconut oil and stir until it is completely smooth and incorporated.
- Coat each ball with chocolate, shaking off all access chocolate and put back on the parchment paper.
- Place coated truffles in the fridge until set. Store in an air-tight container and Enjoy!
- 2 cups pecans finely chopped
- 1,5 cup graham cracker crushed finely
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 400g semi sweet chocolate
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans, crushed graham cracker , brown sugar and salt. Add maple syrup, corn syrup,vanilla and mix well. Put mixture into the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. With a small cookie scoop, scoop out the chilled mixture and roll each scoop in your hands to make a ball. Place all balls on the parchment paper and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring well after each time. When chocolate is almost melted and just a few chunks left, stir the chocolate more until it is completely smooth .Do not burn the chocolate.
- Coat each ball with chocolate, shaking off all access chocolate and put back on the parchment paper. If you’d like to decorate your truffles-sprinkle them with crushed pecans, or graham cracker crumbs while chocolate is still soft. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!