Happy Friday friends, I am so excited to share one of my favourite, a super easy recipe of a pear crisp. Pears are highly underrated when it comes to baking in my opinion. Pears deserve more love, they are so flavourful, delicious and can be a wonderful alternative to apples.
Here’s are a few fun facts about pears, that are interesting to know:
- Pears were first cultivated in Europe at the beginning of 11th century.
- There are over 3000 varieties of pears grown around the world.
- Pears don’t ripen on the tree, they need to be left on a counter top to ripen at a room temperature
- Pears are one of the highest-fiber fruitspears have a great amount of vitamins, including C,K,B2, B6
- In the Odyssey, Homer called the pear a “gift from the Gods”.
- You won’t ever get an upset stomach if you eat a pear because if the low acid level in a fruit. It is gentle on the digestive system. In fact, the ancient Greeks used it as a remedy against nausea.
- Pears have more fiber than 1 cup serving of kale.
Pears aren’t just delicious, they are healthy, they are relatively low in calories, they have so many health benefits, and whats cool is that they are perfect for baking. This pear crisp has a tender, flavourful filling, that is not soggy or runny, and a very tasty crunchy topping! This crisp isn’t sickening sweet, it takes a minimum amount of time to prepare and is a great alternative to a pie! Making it in ramekins makes it cook faster and besides, you won’t have to worry about sharing this deliciousness with anyone else, you’ll have it all to yourself. I hope this pear crisp would become one of your favourites too!